Monday, February 2, 2015

The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail


Author: Richard Peck
Number of pages: 229
Year published: 2013


Behold! Richard Peck, winner of many book awards, writes a fun, adventurous, funny, and lovable book. We join "Mouse Minor," a undersized mouse with a questioning nature, on a quest to meet the Queen and discover his real name and origin. The story is set in England, around Buckingham Palace, at the reign of Queen Victoria, in the year of her Diamond Jubilee. This book has a great plot and an interesting group of characters. Just the idea of a hidden animal world beneath our own sets the stage for a good read!

"For every job a human holds, there is a mouse with the same job, and doing it better."

The mouse with the Question Mark tail was a really fun book. It is funny and bright, and best of all, it's about mice! I loved this story as it was just an enjoyable read. I absolutely love Richard Peck, he has written some of the most amazing books. I've also read "Secrets at Sea," which is another great story about mice by the same author. I loved it!

I would recommend this book to around age 7 and up. It is a very easy book, and there is nothing dark about it whatsoever. Even though it is directed towards younger children, anyone can read it, and I can guarantee that you will love it!

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I think I found your mom's blog via Apartment Therapy. She is one of my favorite bloggers. I read through all of your posts today and I must say, well done! I teach English and Reading to 8-12 graders; I worked for Barnes and Noble through college; and I love reading. I will make sure to check in with your recommends. While I can no longer read a book in a week (all that correcting of student essays eats up a lot of my spare time), I might just try my own reading jar. My almost-10-years-old son is also an avid reader, so I might suggest it to him, as well. Keep reading and writing, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! That is so neat that you teach and love reading! I really appreciate your comment! :)

      Delete